At Signal.X we are actively developing courses designed to introduce technicians and engineers to test & measurement fundamentals that are a necessity for both data consumers and data producers. Our courses are taught from the perspective of active practitioners and use real-world examples and many live demonstrations to convey key concepts.
Practical NVH signal processing is designed as a starting point for those who want to understand the details behind typical NVH measurements. Engine manufacturers, automotive component suppliers, and suppliers to the aerospace industry are among those that have invested in this training. The course can be scheduled on-site at your facility, or you can register for pre-scheduled dates directly on the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) website.
Typical NVH Signal Processing Course Outline:
- FFT Basics
- Windows, leakage and aliasing
- Common analysis functions (auto power, cross power, transfer function, coherence)
- Introduction to filters (up-sampling, down-sampling, re-sampling)
- Rotating machinery basics – techniques in the order domain
- Multi-Input-Multi-Output (MIMO) signal processing
- Introduction to Time/Frequency methods
Connect to www.SAE.org to join “Practical NVH Signal Processing.” Contact SAE for dates, or to schedule an on-site course with Instructor Michael F. Albright, General Manager Signal.X Technologies LLC
Signal.X is available to create customized training which can blend LabVIEW skills development with domain-specific content for topics such as LabVIEW Real-Time development, developing with Compact RIO (cRIO), and working with the National Instruments Sound & Vibration toolkit.
Some ways we can help:
- One-on-one skills coaching
- Pre-project architecture planning or review
- Customized formal training plans